Written by: Daniel Goodson // Sep 20, 2017
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020
Every year, we’re excited to invite high school students and their families to USF for our Stampede to Success college open house! Designed for high school students and their families, this fun event will give you the chance to explore our campus, connect with students and faculty, and see what it’s like to be a USF Bull.
Welcome to Our 2019 Open House
This year’s Stampede to Success will be an exciting event. Come learn about:
- Academic programs
- Admissions requirements
- Living on campus
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Student life
- Summer success programs
- Study abroad programs
- Undergraduate research
Space is limited, so make sure you register early to reserve your spot.
- Date: Saturday, September 28
- Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Check-in begins at 9 a.m.)
- Location: USF Tampa, Marshall Student Center
Experience the Bull’s Life
Stampede to Success offers you the chance to experience the Bull’s life, meet with representatives from various departments, and get valuable information on everything from the application process to financial aid and campus resources. This includes a look at our Student Support Services (SSS), a federally funded retention program that provides academic and personal support for students.
You’ll also get to check out our dining locations and residence halls, including The Village, a dynamic housing complex that features a fitness center, an outdoor pool, a Publix grocery store, and more.
Get Ready to Explore
Although we put together a great lineup of tour stops and presentations for Stampede to Success, you and your family won’t be kept to a strict schedule. You will have the freedom to explore what you want to see. We encourage you to stroll around our unique campus and discover our art galleries, Riverfront Park, and campus recreation facilities.
Make the Most of Your Visit
- Take a virtual tour: Get familiar with our campus and scope out what you want to see in person.
- Come prepared: Wear comfortable shoes (it’s a big campus), bring a jacket or sweater (we love our A/C indoors), and prepare lots of questions.
- Make a weekend of it: Visit www.visittampabay.com or download our Guide to learn about area attractions. You don’t want to miss some of the nearby sugar-white beaches, voted best in the U.S. And be sure to try one of our famous Cuban sandwiches!
- Book a room at one of the nearby hotels: Embassy Suites is located right on campus. La Quinta and Wingate are just across the street.
- Strike up a conversation: Green and Gold Guides (G3s), Resident Assistants (RAs), and current students will be around to answer questions and tell you what it’s like to be a USF Bull.
- Contact us early if you need accommodations for a disability: Please call 813-974-7878 (Florida Relay Service TTY: 800-955-8771) or email email@example.com at least five business days in advance of the event.
Interested in Another USF Campus?
Stampede for Success is specific to our Tampa campus, but if you’re interested in visiting our other campuses, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to do so:
- USF’s midsize waterfront campus in St. Petersburg is hosting an open house on September 21.
- USF’s Sarasota-Manatee campus – known for its intimate size and personalized feel – also offers a variety of tours, open houses, and events.
Selecting the right college is a big challenge, and we want to support you during this process. We’re here to answer your questions about all that USF has to offer. Contact us today to let us know how we can help.
We hope to see you at Stampede to Success!